A water softener is a unit that softens water by removing concentrated minerals causing water hardness. Water consisting high amount of calcium and magnesium is called hard water. Hard water creates many problems in daily chores. You may or may not notice them but they with time degrade home valuable appliances and plumbing system that needs costly repairing. It clogs pipes, forms soap scum and leaves spots behind not just this there are many such issues which we will enlighten through this post.
Hard water can be treated with a water softener to reduce the negative effects of water. Before you end up wasting your hard earned money always researches do check more water softener systems here for complete information. A water softener removes Ca and Mg ions with sodium ions. They are specially designed are harmless, neutral and heat resistant so you can use them without lime deposits.
We know that soft water has certain benefits like eliminating eczema, psoriasis in children and limescale in pipes. However, there is much attached to water softener benefits. Some might be aware of few but we will provide you more reasons to choose water softeners.
Let’s see what a water softener can do for you:
- Reduced Utility Bill: Water is used for every water-based appliance like coffee maker, teapot, dishwasher, washing machine, and heaters. It is seen that when you use hard water efficiency of appliances is decreased by 22%. So, using soft water is beneficial for your pocket.
- Increased Pipes and Appliances Life: Galvanic corrosion is encouraged by limescale that means it is conducive to electricity. This reduces the life and causes flakiness that is what you see in your water sometimes, that brownish thing.
- Environmental Benefits: It is obvious that the life of appliances will be more and energy will be decreased so Mother Nature will be happy. Save the planet.
- Reduced Soap Scum: Shampoo and soaps lathering now will not be a pain. Use less shampoo and wash your hairs easily. Also, you will not feel any film like thing on your skin or hair making it greasy.
- Safe Fabrics: Hard water destroys clothing. It fades them and within time makes clothes dull and dry. When minerals are high in water whether you use good quality conditioner or detergent it won’t work. Water Softener completely destroys a mineral that makes water usable.
- Watering Plants Now Easier: Chlorine in water has a negative impact on delicate plants. People using tap water for watering plants usually fill a tank and let water sit for about half n hour so that chlorine settles down. This problem can be solved with softening system as chlorine will not be present in water.
- Helpful for Life of Sewer System: Diameter of pipes is reduced via limescale due to the layer developed around the pipeline. This increases water pressure that damages the sewer system.
Hope you now know why a water softener is necessary and how beneficial it is for your home. If you already have a water softener installed and you know any major benefit that it has do let us know if it is not mentioned in this article.
If you have any questions or suggestions share us in the comment box below.